How To Proper Use Ensage?

luladvocatluladvocat Posts: 12
edited November 2017 in General

Hello guys,

I am kinda new on this "Ensage thing", I've never used any third party software to play and that's my first time on doing so.

Having that said, I have few questions:

1) I've tried to use ArcAnnihilation assembly to learn how Ensage works and it's capabilities, but everything seemed so difficult. My guess is that I don't know how to PROPER CONFIGURE Ensage, so, is there any tutorial on how to do so?

2) Probably the majority of you guys already know how to use Ensage and how to proper configure according to each assembly/hero you use, but I did not find (and yes, I've searched for) any tutorial, is there a possibility to, maybe create a sub-topic dedicated on teaching newcomers on how to use different Ensage assemblies?

3) What is "orbwalk" and how does that help me when using it?

Just to be clear, I appreciate any help, and I truly believe that, enforcing the way newcomers learn to use Ensage will drive more sales.
As of right now, I am ready to quit using Ensage because it seems almost impossible to proper configure it, even though I know is my lack of knowledge that is causing that, but, unfortunately I wasn't able to find ANY tutorial on how to configure (don't get me wrong, I was able to load it in Dota2), use it and get some advantage out of it.

Thank you very much if you read it all, and I hope that somebody will be able to teach me or help me (and more newcomers) how to use Ensage and it's assemblies.

Thank you all!

Comments

• Load into lobby and find out. Its not that hard...

• @adjjhad said:
    Load into lobby and find out. Its not that hard...

Like I said, for newcomers it is hard. I've tried to set up an assembly for ArcWarden yesterday for good 2 hours against bots and had little to no success.

Please, be patient and comprehensive, sometimes, things that are easy for you might no be to someone else.

Thank you though.

• lolkhaxlolkhax Posts: 363

@luladvocat said:

Hello guys,

I am kinda new on this "Ensage thing", I've never used any third party software to play and that's my first time on doing so.

1) I've tried to use ArcAnnihilation assembly to learn how Ensage works and it's capabilities, but everything seemed so difficult. My guess is that I don't know how to PROPER CONFIGURE Ensage, so, is there any tutorial on how to do so?

2) Probably the majority of you guys already know how to use Ensage and how to proper configure according to each assembly/hero you use, but I did not find (and yes, I've searched for) any tutorial, is there a possibility to, maybe create a sub-topic dedicated on teaching newcomers on how to use different Ensage assemblies?

Just to be clear, I appreciate any help, and I truly believe that, enforcing the way newcomers learn to use Ensage will drive more sales.
    As of right now, I am ready to quit using Ensage because it seems almost impossible to proper configure it, even though I know is my lack of knowledge that is causing that, but, unfortunately I wasn't able to find ANY tutorial on how to configure (don't get me wrong, I was able to load it in Dota2), use it and get some advantage out of it.

Thank you very much if you read it all, and I hope that somebody will be able to teach me or help me (and more newcomers) how to use Ensage and it's assemblies.

I'll work within your numbered heading so it's easier to follow:

1) When I have to set Ensage up for whatever reason the first things I add from the Database are the libraries (clipper_library, Ability.Core, Ensage.SDK, Ensage.Common). Then I add Utilities ONE AT A TIME, according to how much "setup"/configuration/attention it initially requires of me to get it to work how I like it, with the more situational Assemblies (JungleStacker, UnitsControlPlus, etc.) added towards the end of the block of utilities, for ease of access. I do the same with the Hero Assemblies - in a custom lobby hosted on a server in my region with bots added. I pick the heroes' Assemblies I'm wanting to configure and I go from there. I'm not going to attach a screenshot of what my profiles looks like, but you should get the idea from the following:

Hero Assemblies
    Utilities
    (UnitsControlPlus being the last Utility before my Hero Assemblies start) - I only activate this when needed (situational)
    (Utilities)
    (Utilities)
    (DagonReload being the first Utility after the Libraries) - next to no configuration (set and forget)
    Libraries

1&2) There are no tutorials or hand holding, it really is just common sense, reading what the function does/tool-tip describes; Which is why it makes sense to add and configure the Assemblies ONE AT A TIME, so you're not left feeling like "I'm ready to quit Ensage right now", you make the lobby, you add the Assembly and go through each option one at a time - as you are in a lobby you can take your time and test the functions to get it how you like it. Not sure what it does? read its' thread, read the description and tool-tip. No one can tell you how to "properly configure" "your configuration" as its' just that - "YOUR configuration", and it really is very straight forward.

3) https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/39zfip/orb_walking/

Though in the context you're asking; "Orb Walking" is the action of attacking the target, canceling animation by running towards/following the target, in order to attack said target, in multiple succession. Some Assemblies have a harass feature in which they will "Orb Walk"/use Hero skills/attacks to damage the target with the idea of not drawing creep agro, others do not - and they will chain the skills you have available, along with the mana it takes to use those skills as you are effectively pressing the combo key.
    While not to cause further confusion, "Ensage.SDK" has "Orb Walking" functions also (for the main part it also drives the attacks in the combo as I previously mentioned) but these are used for different things - though are geared towards getting the most out of your attack animations. These are used for last hitting creeps and there are a few modes you can select/configure (last hit, deny, attack heroes, towers, etc.)

I've re-read this so many times now I'm not even sure if it will make sense to you - but really, if you don't know how to play the game in the first place - there's not much point using Ensage. Ensage makes you lazy and you'll never learn.

Hope this helps?

• @lolkhax said:

@luladvocat said:

Hello guys,

I'll work within your numbered heading so it's easier to follow:

1) When I have to set Ensage up for whatever reason the first things I add from the Database are the libraries (clipper_library, Ability.Core, Ensage.SDK, Ensage.Common). Then I add Utilities ONE AT A TIME, according to how much "setup"/configuration/attention it initially requires of me to get it to work how I like it, with the more situational Assemblies (JungleStacker, UnitsControlPlus, etc.) added towards the end of the block of utilities, for ease of access. I do the same with the Hero Assemblies - in a custom lobby hosted on a server in my region with bots added. I pick the heroes' Assemblies I'm wanting to configure and I go from there. I'm not going to attach a screenshot of what my profiles looks like, but you should get the idea from the following:

Hero Assemblies
    Utilities
    (UnitsControlPlus being the last Utility before my Hero Assemblies start) - I only activate this when needed (situational)
    (Utilities)
    (Utilities)
    (DagonReload being the first Utility after the Libraries) - next to no configuration (set and forget)
    Libraries

1&2) There are no tutorials or hand holding, it really is just common sense, reading what the function does/tool-tip describes; Which is why it makes sense to add and configure the Assemblies ONE AT A TIME, so you're not left feeling like "I'm ready to quit Ensage right now", you make the lobby, you add the Assembly and go through each option one at a time - as you are in a lobby you can take your time and test the functions to get it how you like it. Not sure what it does? read its' thread, read the description and tool-tip. No one can tell you how to "properly configure" "your configuration" as its' just that - "YOUR configuration", and it really is very straight forward.

3) https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/39zfip/orb_walking/

Though in the context you're asking; "Orb Walking" is the action of attacking the target, canceling animation by running towards/following the target, in order to attack said target, in multiple succession. Some Assemblies have a harass feature in which they will "Orb Walk"/use Hero skills/attacks to damage the target with the idea of not drawing creep agro, others do not - and they will chain the skills you have available, along with the mana it takes to use those skills as you are effectively pressing the combo key.
    While not to cause further confusion, "Ensage.SDK" has "Orb Walking" functions also (for the main part it also drives the attacks in the combo as I previously mentioned) but these are used for different things - though are geared towards getting the most out of your attack animations. These are used for last hitting creeps and there are a few modes you can select/configure (last hit, deny, attack heroes, towers, etc.)

I've re-read this so many times now I'm not even sure if it will make sense to you - but really, if you don't know how to play the game in the first place - there's not much point using Ensage. Ensage makes you lazy and you'll never learn.

Hope this helps?

Wow, thank you so much for your patience and attention to detail.
    It really helped me to understand better. I will try to follow the steps you mention when configuring the assemblies.

I will try all that tonight after work and will update the thread as soon as I can.

I do understand that Ensage might be the type of application that only requires "COMMON SENSE", but at the same token, we could have an area in which we'd post our configuration ideas, so that could help people like me. We could share different configuration schemes and stuff like that, would be cool...

But again, thank you again for all your patience in writing to my request, I really appreciate your effort in helping me (and the community as a whole).

Enjoy the rest of your day!

• JoyEnoshimaJoyEnoshima Posts: 79
    edited November 2017

I can help you in Teamviewer/Discord/Skype.
    You need to share your screen with me and be able to understand denglish :P ( germanaccentenglish^^ )
    So we can setup everything for you alot faster :)

• @JoyEnoshima said:
    I can help you in Teamviewer/Discord/Skype.
    You need to share your screen with me and be able to understand denglish :P ( germanaccentenglish^^ )
    So we can setup everything for you alot faster :)

Just sent you a PM.

Thanks!