A user's opinions

BluewinBluewin Posts: 32

Hello every manager, I have used the ensage for a year, and I also bought some assemblies,I originally chose ensage because it had better assemblies database, and free assemblies.Since the launch of paid assemblies, I think that the quality of free assemblies is declining.

Developers no longer pay attention to the development of free assemblies, and even remove(or outdated) some of the functions, forcing users to purchase paid scripts.Now ensage have launched more and more pay assemblies, and the price is more and more expensive.

On the surface, in order to lower the price, an assembly is split into multiple assemblies for sale. To actually experience a complete functionality you must buy all the assemblies, and now one of the most expensive assemblies actually needs $50 to do it completely.

The managers did fail to explain how the assemblies should be priced. From the initial $10 to the current $50, I saw the chaos of paid assemblies pricing, which made it increasingly unacceptable to many users(just like me).

I hope that it would be time to stop this farce. It may be more economical for the admin to publish a price list and issue paid scripts accordingly.

The key point is, who is willing to write practically free assemblies now? The deleted version of the paid assembly has little practicality.

Now ensage feels to me: "Hey, poor ghost! Don't use ensage!" FeelsBadMan

Tagged:

Comments

• BluewinBluewin Posts: 32

Please do not misunderstand, I hope the paid script pricing is more reasonable, and I hope the official published price list for developers to reference pricing.

I agree with the paid scripting feature, but I don't want the price to be too high.

There is no constraint now, and the price of paid script will only go up.

• ShawnlxfShawnlxf Posts: 10

Agree

• NeeDforKillNeeDforKill Posts: 1,976
    edited March 2018

i not Agree, because Evader what cost ~50 usd, but you can buy his version without multi unit, and modifier counter for 25 usd.
    It has ~44k lines of code. @IdcNoob spended on it more than 1 month hard code.

Noone is cutoff free assemblies, ofc if some guys 1 year ago code for ensage and now he is not online anymore and script going to be outdated, we can delete it from database if it not work correctly.
    Free assemblies what already, fixing by active devs who selling his scripts.

About price i am not agree.Baio have price for now 25$ and it has 10 heroes for now, and @beminee works on new update with tb and auto jungle/linefarm.
    You paid ONE TIME, and after you buy @beminee will not get anymore money from you, but you will get new updates from him for free.After half of year how much he will get money from this baio? 1 sale per week?

Idk why you all calculate like a " I am new user , i need to buy scripts to start for 100 usd" you can buy 1 script or even not buy anything. I know guys who paid for Ensage sub, only for visible by enemy.

@NeeDforKill said:
    i not Agree, because Evader what cost ~50 usd, but you can buy his version without multi unit, and modifier counter for 25 usd.
    It has ~44k lines of code. @IdcNoob spended on it more than 1 month hard code.

Noone is cutoff free assemblies, ofc if some guys 1 year ago code for ensage and now he is not online anymore and script going to be outdated, we can delete it from database if it not work correctly.
    Free assemblies what already, fixing by active devs who selling his scripts.

About price i am not agree.Baio have price for now 25$ and it has 10 heroes for now, and @beminee works on new update with tb and auto jungle/linefarm.
    You paid ONE TIME, and after you buy @beminee will not get anymore money from you, but you will get new updates from him for free.After half of year how much he will get money from this baio? 1 sale per week?

Idk why you all calculate like a " I am new user , i need to buy scripts to start for 100 usd" you can buy 1 script or even not buy anything. I know guys who paid for Ensage sub, only for visible by enemy.

Although you are saying some truth, the price of BAIO has become the reason why I support it. The reason I worry about now is that I don't know why evader's pricing is so high that it exceeds the price of other practical assemblies. In contrast, some other assemblies are also very practical but why are pricing more reasonable than evader?

I sincerely hope that ensage can publish the pricing rules for paid assemblies.

Regarding what you said "not get anymore money from me", I also have a solution: Integrate all current paid assemblies, launch an "ensage monthly paid assemblies package" service, and ensage allocates commissions to developers based on usage.

This can solve the annoyance of reluctant to purchase script users at one time, and it also allows everyone to have a lot of choices on paid script purchases.

For example: I wish to subscribe to all paid assemblies. I need in order to pay $10 more in a single month. I can also subscribe to some paid assemblies separately, and I only are required to spend 2$ more for each paid script each month.

• ShawnlxfShawnlxf Posts: 10

Having a good economic environment surely will attract more people tho. A pricing rule would definitely help!

• klaretosklaretos Posts: 96

I think a price of $5 per simple heroes and $20 per very complex and difficult ones like Invoker, Meepo and Arc would be a reasonable price. Evader at $25 is also close towards reasonable. I think the problem is the small community/buyers here.
    Also now that the free scripts are dying I would suggest to decrease the monthly payment for Ensage so we can invest in the paid scripts more easily.
    Finally I would have to say that free scripts started to die before paid scripts. Updates were very rare so the paid move was the correct one.

• IdcNoobIdcNoob Posts: 1,175

Evader price is based on how much time i spent on it. Also evader is biggest assembly and not any dev can make it. Obviously from a customer perspective u dont care about it, but its how i value my work.

• lolkhaxlolkhax Posts: 363

@IdcNoob said:
    Evader price is based on how much time i spent on it. Also evader is biggest assembly and not any dev can make it. Obviously from a customer perspective u dont care about it, but its how i value my work.

Hey Dude, I really don't think they've intended for it to make you feel that way, but there is something to what they're saying and I'm positive a lot of users feel the same. Since the implementation of paid scripts, there has been a definite decline in the all round "mood" of Ensage - no one is really concerned about anything unless they can make a couple bucks off it, for example Vaper is stale AF, and has not been touched in months, Zynox is MIA and it seems like there is this whole "If I'm not getting money for this, fuck it".

Please don't think I'm a user that's not supported OG Devs - I've purchased half of the paid section and I'm a big supporter of the paid assemblies, but where do we draw the line? At the moment for example, there are two Invoker assemblies listed (one finished, the other soon) and their intended purpose is to half automate the game play of Invoker. Why force users to choose between one or other, for a product that is in essence the same? If one can't do what the other one can, why is it for sale? How close can one script be to another, be before it's considered a "copy" of one of the other and then Devs claim their work/ideas/etc have been stolen? What's to stop a new Dev coming along, meeting the minimum requirement to be able to sell their work, to produce the same assemblies but price them lower than the others , essentially undercutting everyone else? I could go on with examples that undermine the whole paid assembly idea (I wont..) and eventually there would be a stop to it, (like the end of .lua days, and the atrocities bought upon by the joduska merger) and we'll be back in the proverbial "stone age" again.

This needs to be addressed.

@IdcNoob said:

I know how difficult it is for you to develop a script, but I think this price is hard to support. Secondly, you are the first developer to split a script into 3 scripts for sale. This may allow more developers to imitate. In the future, we need to experience a complete script. We are required to purchase multiple scripts. This will increase the price in a disguised way.

And you do heren't want too high prices that result in fewer subscribers. This is bad for you as well. I think evader itself is suitable for $25, but the additional two DLCs are priced higher. I hope you can reconsider the selling price.

• IdcNoobIdcNoob Posts: 1,175

@Bluewin said:

@IdcNoob said:

I know how difficult it is for you to develop a script, but I think this price is hard to support. Secondly, you are the first developer to split a script into 3 scripts for sale. This may allow more developers to imitate. In the future, we need to experience a complete script. We are required to purchase multiple scripts. This will increase the price in a disguised way.

And you do heren't want too high prices that result in fewer subscribers. This is bad for you as well. I think evader itself is suitable for $25, but the additional two DLCs are priced higher. I hope you can reconsider the selling price.

Without "dlcs" evader price would be 50$. It was split only to allow to get base features for 25$, not to increase the price...

• AyushAyush Posts: 356

I get it why this assembly is 50$ guys. Just cut him some slack, do you guys even know how much effort goes into writing scripts and more importantly maintaining them??? Especially after Dota updates coming every 10 days.

I don’t think people are realising the effectiveness of this assembly, if you did you would think that 50$ is quite nominal for this assembly.

Also in case you people are feeling this to be too pricy, then there obviously is the old evader which you guys can use for FREE!!! (Which you have been using for free all this while by just paying for E# subscription, along with all of his other scripts.)

But this evader saved my ass so many times that it was 50$ well spent and worth it.

Especially bcoz this assembly is so huge to maintain by a single person.

Also it’s much faster than the old evader.

• jinzojinzo Posts: 11

Agreed. Give us an option to choose a subscription where we get the most popular paid scripts for a higher price monthly. That way the devs will keep getting some income and is also affordable for the consumers, better in the long as well. As of right now you need to get the base Ensage and then 50 bucks for this 50 bucks for that 50 bucks here and there which is pretty much an incomplete product/service for the most. The free scripts are getting shit on now because who gives a shit and who wants to waste their time if they don't generate money.

It's starting to get way out of control and I hope there's a somewhat solution. Charging 20-50 bucks for a SINGLE hero script is absurd not to mention the meta can shift anytime renderring the hero complete dogshit but who am I to judge.