Rugby 22 is a game made by rugby players for rugby players

Rugby is a difficult thing to translate into a videogame. There are complex laws, which change on a regular basis, big collisions, and countless tactical opportunities. It’s a fluid, spontaneous game that looks different with each and every match. It’s no wonder, then, that so many videogame developers have stayed clear of the sport – until now.

Normally, these things are a minor inconvenience, and don’t detract from the game too much. But in Rugby 22’s case, it has tried to emulate FIFA’s Ultimate Team mode. But my collection of players shows a screen of silhouetted pictures with only a few actual players faces; either they haven’t got the licence for that player, or he doesn’t exist. It is all very messy and gives off the completely wrong impression.

Rugby 22 has a couple of game modes with a high potential that I found very fun to play. Yes, they may be basic for sports games but I enjoyed playing them and basically, everyone knows what modes to expect when buying a sports game, I suppose. You have your quick match where you can play against the AI or co-op against friends, and you can play online against a random opponent or a player that you invited. Then you have the option to go into Training. Here you can learn all the things that come in handy while playing Rugby 22. These are all very basic so let’s move on to the more interesting game modes! In Career you will manage a self-created team. You will have to take it to the top in the French or Irish league. You also need to manage your finances and implement training sessions to improve your squad and staff. In League you compete in a series of matches to see who comes out on top after all the matches have been played.

Rugby 22 has more licences than its predecessor for sure (58 to be exact), and while it’s great to see teams like the All Blacks and the Wallabies join the ranks, it’s frustrating – especially as someone who follows top flight English rugby – not to be able tear it up on the pitch with an old favourite. While you can play as Leicester – as in Leicester Tigers – for example, you’ll have a boring old kit that doesn’t even reflect the team colours, and randomised players that you have no affiliation with.

The UI for Career mode isn’t very friendly however. League structure, standings and fixtures are all confusingly laid out and then there is the fact it will incorrectly display any upcoming fixture as a team not in my pool.

Bugs aren’t just limited to the UI. Match presentation shows more inside out faces of rugby players than I care to remember. Facial features all bulging out and no skin to hold them in place isn’t a pretty look.

Graphically, the game sucks. It’s 2022 and you should expect some nice graphics but when playing Rugby 22 it’s like they are not even trying. It feels like I got slammed 15 years back in time and even then it was not optimal. Some of the players look ridiculous and they even blur into each other sometimes. It’s a rugby game so it should be about taking your opponent down, not running through them. Also, the menu looks very outdated, as if it’s designed by a kid. I’m sorry but I have nothing slightly positive to say about the graphics. It was a problem in the previous editions and it feels like it only has gotten worse.

Rugby 22 is a game made by rugby players for rugby players. And while it won’t entice new fans in, it also fails to advance the game’s offerings from anything we’ve seen before – and in the mind of players, that’s a huge mistake.

After sitting at the helm of three big rugby games, it seems Eko Software is firmly stuck in a ruck, and no amount of jackaling will save it or Rugby 22.

https://www.z2u.com/rugby-22/accounts-5-19042 is the most secure place to buy Rugby 22 Accounts with safely and legally. These in-game currency and items are manually obtained by z2u team. And you can also get member dicount and large order discount to get the lowest price here. If you have any question regarding the Rugby 22 Accounts order, do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 online support.