Possibility of getting 6 month ban?

toxicspazztoxicspazz Posts: 43
edited February 2018 in General

I've seen this posted on reddit where a guy says he was banned/restricted from MMR due to account boosting.

He emailed steam support and got this answer back: https://m.imgur.com/a/BX3fy

As you can see Steam support says that among reasons of ban, there is the possibility of being detected as using 3'rd party programs such as Ensage through analysis of gameplay.

Do you think banwaves are coming in based on inhuman reactions/gameplay/moves of players using Ensage? If yes, we are kind of screwed my friends, especially those using hero scripts or auto-actions like insta-disable.

Tagged:

Comments

• lolkhaxlolkhax Posts: 363

That's the risk you run when you cheat.

• If ur using Ensage u can't get ban. But if ur toxic and got reported many times the answer is yes 6 month ban is for toxic people. Not Ensage since we have anti-vac no worries.

• @Goldenfroze said:
    If ur using Ensage u can't get ban. But if ur toxic and got reported many times the answer is yes 6 month ban is for toxic people. Not Ensage since we have anti-vac no worries.

I'm not talking about getting picked up by VAC, i'm talking about being detected by this "new" possible algorithm Valve is running for Dota2 to detect:

• account boosters
    • third party software users

Let me put it this way, according to above picture, it might be that Valve implemented an algo that checks on your play style and if it detects, lets say, more than 300 apm or more than x actions in a span of a few seconds, it knows that it wasn't a human action as it it impossible to react that quick.

@lolkhax said:

Yeah I know it is, the question is: How likely do you think that dota2 has a second algorithm running for checks?
    Cmon man, be useful with your replies.

• Justic3Justic3 Posts: 131

@toxicspazz said:

@Goldenfroze said:
    If ur using Ensage u can't get ban. But if ur toxic and got reported many times the answer is yes 6 month ban is for toxic people. Not Ensage since we have anti-vac no worries.

I'm not talking about getting picked up by VAC, i'm talking about being detected by this "new" possible algorithm Valve is running for Dota2 to detect:

• account boosters

Let me put it this way, according to above picture, it might be that Valve implemented an algo that checks on your play style and if it detects, lets say, more than 300 apm or more than x actions in a span of a few seconds, it knows that it wasn't a human action as it it impossible to react that quick.

@lolkhax said:

Yeah I know it is, the question is: How likely do you think that dota2 has a second algorithm running for checks?

Well in my opinion this will not be worth trying as you will always get a false positive by pro players....look at miracles invoker...the latest one on youtube, he changes spheres when walking , low hp and attacking as fast as ensage so much that i was actually thinking he might be using it haha but hell no hes just good at it and if he can why we not?...

• Justic3Justic3 Posts: 131

@peritajejeje said:

@toxicspazz said:

@Goldenfroze said:

• account boosters

@lolkhax said:

Well in my opinion this will not be worth trying as you will always get a false positive by pro players....look at miracles invoker...the latest one on youtube, he changes spheres when walking , low hp and attacking as fast as ensage so much that i was actually thinking he might be using it haha but hell no hes just good at it and if he can why we not?...

Unless they implement something like overwatch in CSGO on dota 2 there is nothing to worry about because the only real way atm to detect is through VAC and if ennola runs like it has been there is nothing they can do...let say so that ensage has been getting a lot of flame lately with youtube videos pointing to ensage users and this forum itself....again the only way to ban us for using ensage is to introduce overwatch like csgo...where real players get to see the matches from player perspective and find inconsistencies....