Reducing CPU usage by sharp to gain higher performance + Potential way to avoid VAC.

NevermoreNevermore Posts: 21
edited April 2017 in General

Hello everybody this would be my first post on a new forum I was a member back then also, but decided to stop using sharp after paid update release, but I realized it's totally worth it and it's a good deed for the people who work hard to make this all possible. I also want to say thank you to all the developers who put in effort to release new assemblies.

So lets get started on how this could be done how could we reduce the CPU usage to get more performance? It's actually very simple you don't need any tools or any programs, only thing you need is sharp installed.

While the sharp is running and you have loaded DotA2 go ahead and open your task manager by Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then we wound want to look for a running Sharp in our processes windows once you found the process right click on it and click "go to details"

After you have done that it will bring you to a background process that is created by sharp, what you want to do is right click again and go to "Set Affinity"

Once you've done that you are going to see a window like this depends on how many cores you have

for me I have 4 cores so it shows me that sharp is utilizing all 4 cores and putting load on all 4 of them which means that it is going to interfere with a 3D program you are running in our case DotA2 and that is a reason we see lack of performance by DotA2, it would not make sense for it to use all 4, because as we all know, once the sharp is loaded into our systems, it is good to go and it does not need further speed for it to be refreshed, meaning that the sharp is not a 3D program and only thing that it puts the pressure on our CPU should be when it's actually being loaded, so what I did was I unchecked all the cores and just left 1 ticket on which is the Core0, you could either keep Core0 checked or you could go ahead and explore more on which Core is actually giving you the best performance

Okay so I was playing with the switching cores and switching some of the firewall settings, what I bumped into is actually really interesting, and could be a potential way to be safer while playing.

So the idea is to find all the steam processes and put it on a separate core, not the core that we chose the ensage to run on, so for example if we are running ensage on core0 then we would run steam and steam processes on core's 1-2-3 in my case what I would do is I would find all the steam processes and put it on a separate core as I said above like this
do the same for all the following steam processes.
and of course we would have the ensage set on core0.

What I would also recommend you doing is going into your firewall settings and blocking/disabling any Steamwebhelper rules/connections . First of all lets talk a little bit about Steamwebhelper.exe what is it? what does it exactly do? and what is the purpose of it?:
Info Source: _. [http://www.file.net/process/steamwebhelper.exe.html ]_ ")
Description: Steamwebhelper.exe is not essential for the Windows OS and causes relatively few problems. The steamwebhelper.exe file is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in a subfolder of the user's profile folder or in a subfolder of the user's "Documents" folder. Known file sizes on Windows 10/8/7/XP are 1,941,072 bytes (13% of all occurrences), 1,939,536 bytes and 27 more
The program has no visible window. The file is not a Windows system file. Steamwebhelper.exe is certified by a trustworthy company. Steamwebhelper.exe is able to monitor applications and manipulate other programs. Therefore the technical security rating is 41% ]

We all know that once we hear the word monitor we need to take action instantly, so lets go ahead and open up firewall advanced settings by going to start and typing in firewall, and clicking on advanced settings just like this

disable or remove Steamwebhelper rules or services, do the same with all the following rules or services or anything that is related to Steamwebhelper, just like I showed in this screenshot:

Leave a comment or PM me if you have any issues.

Comments

• GoldenfrozeGoldenfroze Posts: 890

I try, it will make ensage worst in my case from 60fps down to 20 fps.

try this instead

@Goldenfroze said:
    try this instead

my bad FeelsBadMan

• kappatalismkappatalism Posts: 134

Can someone confirm that this helps performance?

• dawaisukadawaisuka Posts: 121
    edited April 2017

Confirm @ i7-7700k with gtx1070 8GB @ Max Settings

without Ensage stable 120 FPS
    with Ensage 110 FPS in Laning Phase and 80 FPS in Fights
    with Ensage @ Normal & 1Core stable 110 FPS the whole game.

THX

• NevermoreNevermore Posts: 21

It also worked on my gtx 1080 16gb ram 2.4 up to 3ghz I will post my specs later on

• LoaderLoader Posts: 23

I call this bullshit

@h3h3 said:
    I call this bullshit

:1437lappa:

• RoxaSRoxaS Posts: 9

Confirm, it works !!
    one question, Will it affect our ennola ?

• No Thank you...

edited April 2017

@RoxaS said:
    Confirm, it works !!

I feel like it would make it safer since its not being utilized as much as it is with all cpus.

• EZvilZEZvilZ Posts: 1

CONFIRMED to work on my 980TI, but why did nobody else come up with this idea before? thumbs up to you my dudddz THXX.

• badbreathbadbreath Posts: 172

Do we set it to real time as well as goldenfroze said?

@badbreath said:
    Do we set it to real time as well as goldenfroze said?

You could try to play with it and see what works the best for you, but I don't think setting it to real time is a good idea, because of the VAC.

• AmazingAmazing Posts: 1

@Nevermore said:

@RoxaS said:
    Confirm, it works !!

I feel like it would make it safer since its not being utilized as much as it is with all cpus.

this could be very big discussion, i think nevermore is right about that which make aloooott sense, btw works like a charm, my system nvidia gtx 860 intel core i5 1.8ghz gave me big fps boost, + and post more if u can pls ty

• JetJet Posts: 171

Getting access denied for some reason when I try to set the affinity

@Jet said:
    Getting access denied for some reason when I try to set the affinity

Are you an administrator of a PC? If you sure you are, then try opening up start menu and type in "Task Manager" then right click on a program and run it as admin.

• badbreathbadbreath Posts: 172

You have to do this every single time you run the program again?

@badbreath said:
    You have to do this every single time you run the program again?

Unfortunately yes only applyes to affinity part you can skip webhelper