Crashes everytime finishing pickscreen (after tower showdown)

kappatalismkappatalism Posts: 134

DX9/DX11 both doesn't work. I can provide dumps to Zynox or whoever. Please fix asap..

Tagged:

Comments

• ChamsChams Posts: 98

Same issue

• AdminAdmin Posts: 96
    edited June 2017

@kappatalism said:
    DX9/DX11 both doesn't work. I can provide dumps to Zynox or whoever. Please fix asap..

You can sent crash dumps to me (upload them somewhere and post/send the link or join our discord and send them there).
    These dumps can be found in your Steam folder under "dumps" and they contain "dota2.exe" in their name. Just make sure that you order them by date and you only send me new crash dumps, and those which are not 0kb big.

It also always help to know which assemblies are loaded for you.

• kappatalismkappatalism Posts: 134

@Admin said:

@kappatalism said:

You can sent crash dumps to me (upload them somewhere and post/send the link or join our discord and send them there).
    These dumps can be found in your Steam folder under "dumps" and they contain "dota2.exe" in their name. Just make sure that you order them by date and you only send me new crash dumps, and those which are not 0kb big.

It also always help to know which assemblies are loaded for you.

Next time I crash I will do so.

I was talking in another thread with another person who had issues with Ensage too. He brought up the point about how difficult it is to know the status of Ensage, he has a point. Ensage is now paid, and there's no reason to make it difficult for customers to understand if the product is working or not. It's kinda annoying to have to browse discord/forum for hours and then don't find any answers, and then try public games to get low priority because you simply don't know if Ensage's update status.

I can volunteer to update the Ensage Status: Updated bar in the main menu. Since from my personal experience this rarely even correct.

• toxicspazztoxicspazz Posts: 43

please fix this, I can't play any games, it crashes after pick screen and you cannot reconnect!

@toxicspazz said:
    please fix this, I can't play any games, it crashes after pick screen and you cannot reconnect!

Some users reported that a fresh install of Ensage solves their crashing problems.

edited June 2017

@Admin said:

@toxicspazz said:

Some users reported that a fresh install of Ensage solves their crashing problems.

Sent you the crash files. I can't reconnect even to the game afterwards, even when I don't use ensage. Through Discord PM.

edited June 2017

I can connect without ensage and play, but with ensage game crash soon as tower screen is over. I've tried reinstalling ensage and it did not fix the problem.

Works fine in a private lobby on steam server but can't play in actual games (normal/ranked) due to the crash. I see your profile says you don't read PM so is it worth sending you my dump or not?

• same problem

• SwamttertSwamttert Posts: 169

Item manager and jungle stacker were the problems for me. The solution it was to enable it manual after game starts.
    Then, in main menu after finishing the game, disable them and press f5. And reenable them in the other game. For now it's a temporary fix.

• @Swamttert said:
    Item manager and jungle stacker were the problems for me. The solution it was to enable it manual after game starts.
    Then, in main menu after finishing the game, disable them and press f5. And reenable them in the other game. For now it's a temporary fix.

didnt work

• InvokerDeathInvokerDeath Posts: 57
    edited June 2017

If you wait it out it actually loads just don't click anything =D even if it says program not responding

• danielbhtedanielbhte Posts: 39

same

• dawaisukadawaisuka Posts: 121
    edited June 2017

same

Dota says "Connection will be established" but nothin happens, cant join the game

@rpgfreak128 said:
    If you wait it out it actually loads just don't click anything =D even if it says program not responding

Can anyone confirm this? I'm already in low priority now cos of the crash. I waited about a minute maybe two and it did not go through.

• InvokerDeathInvokerDeath Posts: 57
    edited June 2017

@Chams said:

@rpgfreak128 said:

Can anyone confirm this? I'm already in low priority now cos of the crash. I waited about a minute maybe two and it did not go through.

I just finished a game no problems here try a fresh install also i;m using dx11 also delete the roaming logs

@rpgfreak128 said:

@Chams said:

@rpgfreak128 said:

I just finished a game no problems here try a fresh install also i;m using dx11 also delete the roaming logs

Tried a fresh install already, might try dx11 I've always used 9.

@Admin Zynox can you look at this ? It looks like alot of people are experiencing the same thing. I can give you my dump files (newer ones) again if you want.

• yucuyucu Posts: 4

same problem here. fix this please

I can't join a single game. I just crash every time

edited June 2017

dx11 allowed me to play a full game but it did kind of freeze after tower screen for a second or two and then in first few secs after buying an item in game it froze for about 5 sec. But managed to play full game.

Will try again now to see if it was a once off

Edit: Worked 2 games in a row.

• badbreathbadbreath Posts: 172

Yup. Can't play a single game. Just got an abandon.

• LoaderLoader Posts: 23

We are still investigating the issue!
    You can try a potential workaround (please report back if it works)

try entering this console command:
    r_dota_disable_portrait_world_renderer 1;

you can also add it as a launch option (Loader > Settings > "Launch Options" textbox):
    +r_dota_disable_portrait_world_renderer 1

@h3h3 said:

you can also add it as a launch option (Loader > Settings > "Launch Options" textbox):

I'll try. Also please for yourself and anyone who is working on Ensage, it is not a consistent problem. Sometimes it crashes and sometimes it doesn't.

@h3h3 said:

After using the command I don't experience any more crashes. Thank you h3h3 chan

Same, it seems to be fixed

• GoldenfrozeGoldenfroze Posts: 890

:klappa:

edited June 2017

I'm crashing again rofl

random , god kill me

@Goldenfroze said:
    :klappa:

@Swamttert said:
    Same, it seems to be fixed

@h3h3 said:

Fixed soon (Zynox said) SoonTM :kappa:

• RevenceRevence Posts: 10

+++++ FIX PLS

• toxicspazztoxicspazz Posts: 43

I am on a low priority spree now. I must have gotten 3, than 4 and now 5. This will never end with constant crashing and not being able to rejoin the game. Sigh.

• xtiancbrxtiancbr Posts: 2

always DC

• skitzkeskitzke Posts: 30

same

• 5days and still same, -25 for nothing

• skitzkeskitzke Posts: 30

Can someone atleast address this, because i'm paying for this service. It has been outstanding until now.

@skitzke said:
    Can someone atleast address this, because i'm paying for this service. It has been outstanding until now.

We're actively working on fixing this error with people in discord, who have the same problem. But since the error can't be reproduced by one of the staff members, and even members report it to be kinda random, it's very difficult to fix.
    You can join the discord and actively help to debug/fix that problem.

• Any news about this subject?

• samsahsamsah Posts: 28

I don't know if this helps the developers. But when it crashes and keeps crashing in a row (doesn't allow me to reconnect to the game). I restart my pc and then it connects again. Weird..

• samsahsamsah Posts: 28

@rpgfreak128 said:

Really ? How much do you actually wait ? I kind of close dota after some good 10 seconds when I get program not responding..

• @samsah said:

@rpgfreak128 said:

Really ? How much do you actually wait ? I kind of close dota after some good 10 seconds when I get program not responding..

yea sometimes i wait even a minute

I have the issue on dx9 but on dx11 I don't. Tried dx9 again today and freeze at tower screen. Reload on dx11 no issue.

I've also got that launch setting that someone posted on ensage loader.

Try that and see if it works for you guys.

• dawaisukadawaisuka Posts: 121
    edited June 2017

i have that problem now too, with dx9 and 11 its weird sometimes its all works and then nothing, freeze at start

• LoaderLoader Posts: 23

Hey, please try the lastest loader version 0.4.5.29

• syonnsyonn Posts: 14

i have it in every single game